Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Flight Before Christmas

Merry Christmas!!  In honor of flying back to the US on Christmas Eve, we have written the following poem:

Twas the flight before Christmas, and all through the plane
All the people were crazy, not a creature was sane
If you’re wondering the reason we’re here, this is why
We need to examine the head of Eli

The children were crying and making much noise,
And nothing could soothe them, not even their toys,
Wendy with her ear plugs, Eli’s in my lap,
We wished we could just have a long winter’s nap.

The stewardess came by with something to eat
Spicy vegetarian and some kind of meat
I was hungry, it’s true, but for me there’s no dinner,
The kids were too fussy – I guess I’ll get thinner.

The man in front of us was giving a glare
‘Cause Esther, our darling, kept kicking his chair
And Eli again spit up on my shirt,
But who could get angry at this cute little squirt?

When outside the window there arose such a clatter,
I leaned over Wendy to see what was the matter,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.

I told this to Wendy, I told her to look,
But she just kept reading in her Kindle book
I then moved to Esther, “It’s Santa, you see!”
She shot me a look, and then screamed for “monkey!”

It’s Curious George that she wanted tonight,
And if we denied her, she’d put up a fight.
So I turned on the movie and gave her her bear
And people wonder why I’ve lost all my hair!

Well, Santa flew on, no one noticed but I,
I looked down at my boy and let out a sigh,
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good flight!

Please note that this is a work of fiction.  Names, characters, places, and incidents either are a product of the author's imagination or are used fictiously.  Any resemblance to actual persons or events is entirely coincidental.

No comments: